Rules & Regulations
- Participants provide Harkat Studios and Serendipity Arts Festival (Henceforth referred to as The Event organisers), the right to screen and exhibit their films at any point of time.
- In the event that the Project is accepted by the Institute for inclusion in and exhibition at the Festival, you hereby grant, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, each of the following rights to the Institute, the Festival, and any Serendipity Related Parties without reservations, conditions or qualifications: (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from or relating to the Project for promotional purposes; and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Project and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. You also agree to provide up-to-date contact information pertaining to the director(s) and producer(s) of the Project, and to grant the Institute and the Festival, at their sole and absolute discretion, the right to provide this information to film industry organizations that sponsor Festival events.
- You further represent and warrant, on behalf of yourself and the Project’s Owners, that the exhibition of the Project at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity, and that the Project does not constitute or include a defamation of any person or entity. You have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from or associated with the exhibition of the Project at or in connection with the Festival.
- The Event organisers are under no obligation to project any participants film.
- You represent that you are 18 years of age or older, or that, if you are younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, you have provided the Institute with signed, written consent from my parent or legal guardian.
- No compensation financial or otherwise will be made. The Event organisers will bear no expenses for participants.
- If you wish to bring in any additional crew for the project, you must provide their information to the Event organisers two weeks in advance. The Event organisers will bear no expenses for the same.
- You agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, to indemnify and hold harmless the Event organisers, together with each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisors, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs) that may be asserted by any person or entity, or may be incurred by the Event organisers, at any time in connection with the Project or the Institute’s use, handling, consideration or exhibition thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Event organisers including, without limitation, any express or implied representation in these Terms and Conditions.